Alphonza Cofield/ Class 3: Accountability
97. Describe your thoughts on whether accountability logs would help, hinder, or provide indifferent to your opportunities for success upon release.
I believe that accountability logs will help as a guide that will keep a man on course and focused on his goals. it is a measure of success, and is a constant reminder of where you’ve been and how close you are to achieving your goals.
98. In what ways will probation officers respond to efforts you’ve made at documenting your values, goals, and commitment to preparing for a law-abiding life upon release?
It gives them insight on the man that you are and also allows them to see you more as a person instead of an ex-con because they will constantly monitor to see if you are living by the values that you profess and are you making progress to achieving your goals.
99. Elaborate on ways that full transparency with regard to your prison adjustment through accountability logs can influence potential employers or support networks.
Accountability logs will show potential employers and support networks that you are 100% dedicated to achieving your goals. it also shows that you are a responsible person.
100. Describe the role accountability logs played in their success:
The men in the book relied on accountability logs to grow their successful businesses. to run a successful business you have to keep account of the money that comes in and goes out in the form of balance sheets, cash flow statements, and income statements. Keeping account of the operations of their businesses helped them to determine the course of action needed to accomplish their goals.
101. How do universities evaluate which students to admit?
Universities often use a students GPA, and SAT scores to determine if the person is a good fit for the institution.
102. What information do creditors consider when deliberating on whether to extend loans?
The information they consider is your credit report to determine your history of making payments on time.
103. What governs investment decisions that people make?
The research that they have done on that which they plan to invest, and how much capital they have to invest.
104. How do your responses to the above questions support or refute the value of accountability logs?
I believe that accountability logs are valuable tools that keep a person on course. In order to achieve your goals you have to stay committed to discipline and accountability logs give you a very transparent look at what you have accomplished and how far or close you are to achieving that goal.