Brian Buehrle/ Class 3: Accountability
97. Describe your thoughts on whether accountability logs would help, hinder, or provide indifferent to your opportunities for success upon release.
I believe accountability logs will help my opportunities for success upon release. They can help me document what progress I make as I am preparing for release. After, it will help me show others I did not simply sit idly by while my time passed. Further, the act itself of creating an accountability log is something employers may look at because rarely is there a time when an employer would not want to know what an employee has spent their time doing all day.
98. In what ways will probation officers respond to efforts you’ve made at documenting your values, goals, and commitment to preparing for a law-abiding life upon release?
) I hope my probation and parole officers will respond favorably to my efforts. The ways they may respond depends on the individual and the jurisdiction. I can hope to be off of the Missouri parole with three years of good conduct, but the U.S. supervision can be for the rest of my life. My plan, like Michael’s, is to show my P.O.s, through transparency, I can be trusted and have nothing left to hide. Through my answers and my blogs, I try to show my intentions for after my release: my wish to continue school, start my own internet-based business, re-establish a meaningful connection with my daughter, and use appropriate channels to challenge any conditions which would interfere with living my life as a productive member of society able to provide for my daughter and live on my own and start over. Some of my intentions, my goals, may lead to possible violations, which is why I may have to challenge my conditions as soon as possible after my transfer to the half-way house. By mentioning these things now, I hope I can show potential P.O.s I want to do things the proper way, not just do it anyway and hope to skate by.
99. Elaborate on ways that full transparency with regard to your prison adjustment through accountability logs can influence potential employers or support networks.
100. Describe the role accountability logs played in their success:
101. How do universities evaluate which students to admit?
102. What information do creditors consider when deliberating on whether to extend loans?
103. What governs investment decisions that people make?
104. How do your responses to the above questions support or refute the value of accountability logs?