Darrell Tatum/ Class 10: Leadership Training
251. What does leadership mean to you?
Being a strong role model. Be responsible.
252. In what ways have your past decisions prepared you for leadership?
My past decisions lead me into the situation I’m going through now. Leading my peers into wrongful fruits of life. Now, as I finish up my sentence, I’ve grown wiser to lead by an positive example.
253. Where does leadership begin?
Begins with the choices that we as people make. Making the right decision now can help the younger people follow by positive examples.
254. In what ways can an individual measure his capacity to lead?
First of all, the individual has to commit to himself. Therefore, he has to have the ability to lead the way he wants to live. By that, setting positive goals to achieve within his life.
255. In what ways can an individual measure his effectiveness at leadership?
Striving in meeting his goals. The more you do, the more you can gain as a leader.
256. What does it mean to have a vision?
A vision is a image of what you see and want to achieve in life.
257. How does a leader gauge the effectiveness of a plan?
Set out of the details, focus on the details, and pull all effort into these details of the plans you want to achieve.
258. Why would leadership require accountability tools?
Because you have to be responsible of your own actions. Why lead, if you can’t set a good example.
259. How would a leader make the most effective use of accountability tools?
He has to be precise about his vision. He has to make sure of all he is putting out. Be accountable.
260. How would you describe leadership by example?
Inspiring that person.
261. What does leading with integrity mean to you?
Leading with strong passion.
262. In what ways does personal leadership require an individual to put the concerns of others ahead of his own?
I focus around my family. I try for them to be less stressed than ever. i make a lot of value-based decisions to keep clear of who means the most to me.
263. How can our behavior in prison influence the lives of those we ask to support or sponsor us?
Decisions are made daily, so we have to stay focus and positive when exposing ourselves to our support or sponsor. Keeping a positive view on everyday life demonstrates a commitment and shows our love ones that we have made a strong change.
264. When living within the restrictions of prison boundaries, where can we turn for leadership training?
I read a lot of business books about the success of various people. I also read a lot of workout magazines, learning more on training people who are in need of weight problems.
265. Describe an individual who has leadership skills that you admire?
I admire my girlfriend Malikah. She has a strong ambition and vision. She has her work cut out during the day, but she makes times for me, visit me on a regular and oversees things that I need to get done. She keeps me encourage when I get off focus. her unconditional support has shown me that I have a good woman who can lead when I’m down.
266. To what extent would emulating such leadership traits influence your prospects for success?
Just her unconditional support. I will show the same once I leave this place. Her vision in life is so law-abiding that I have to stay on the right path.
267. In what ways do our day-to-day actions show our commitment to personal leadership development?
Everyday is a challenge. You just have to keep that strong commitment and strive for better views of life.
268. How can a commitment to personal leadership development while in prison influence your relationship with people you haven’t yet met?
To me my commitment here will show the people I haven’t met the changed side of me.
269. In what way can the Straight-A Guide influence your prison adjustment?
It has shown me a lot. For a person like Michael to take out his time to share his struggle, then encourage others to make a difference in life means a lot. me involving myself is a big step of making a strong commitment of being a law-abiding person.
270. In what ways can the Straight-A Guide influence your prospects for a law-abiding, contributing life upon release?
This workbook helped me open up, and enlighten me on what I have been going thru. You live, you learn has always been my motivation motto and at this point, I’m making a big difference in my life.
271. In what ways will you use the Straight-A Guide going forward?
Keeping me enlightend on how to look at certain things different keeps me on track from reliving my path. I will commit to better positive views, stay law-abiding, nurture better with my girlfriend and family. Day to day staying focus on the main things of life.