James Hunt/ Class 3: Accountability
by James Hunt
97. Describe your thoughts on whether accountability logs would help, hinder, or provide indifferent to your opportunities for success upon release.:
It has to help in all ways. For me, it gives me a sense of power to be doing something to influence the outcome of my life. No house is built w/o the blueprint first being made. All people are attracted to a person who is focused and devoted and have a sense of direction.
98. In what ways will probation officers respond to efforts you’ve made at documenting your values, goals, and commitment to preparing for a law-abiding life upon release?:
A look at how one thinks, his perception of the life you choose to lead and the direction or course you have set in to action and have been walking towards.
99. Elaborate on ways that full transparency with regard to your prison adjustment through accountability logs can influence potential employers or support networks. :
It places the focus more on where I am going, while showing the route that I have traveled to get there.
100. Describe the role accountability logs played in their success.:
They knew that the success would come, but in order to get there, it would happen in increments. The completion of one step going to the next and every step toward a goal in order to get there.. Accountability is what the blueprint is to building a house. There are steps that must be take before you are able to move on.
101. How do universities evaluate which students to admit?:
grades, assessment scores, credit rating, past record.
102. What information do creditors consider when deliberating on whether to extend loans?:
If the extension will benefit or expedite the repayment of funds. Credit score, past record as well.
103. What governs investment decisions that people make?:
Will a profit be made or is it a deal that has the appeal of a vested interest. The transparency of the person, his track record, a chart to show where we are going and a way to measure or progress along the way.
104. How do your responses to the above questions support or refute the value accountability logs? :
It supports it by showing if we never chart the course and have no way to compare where we are in regards to the course, how do we measure the progress made, or if our direction of achieving or goal is sound?