Julius Lige/ Class 3: Accountability
by Julius Lige
97. Describe your thoughts on whether accountability logs would help, hinder, or provide indifferent to your opportunities for success upon release.
Documenting daily progress using a accountability log will help provide opportunities for success in many ways upon release. Documentation gives an individual a reference point, it demonstrates commitment as you make incremental progress towards achieving your goals.
98. In what ways will probation officers respond to efforts you’ve made at documenting your values, goals, and commitment to preparing for a law-abiding life upon release?
As I document my values, goals, and commitments to preparing for a law abiding life upon release, I expect minimum recognition of my progress and efforts from the probation department. My documentation is for personal motivation and to enlighten those in my support system about the progress I’ve made towards improving my life.
99. Elaborate on ways that full transparency with regard to your prison adjustment through accountability logs can influence potential employers or support networks.
Accountability logs give potential employers or support networks a document they can reference when evaluating an individual’s character. When an individual has made commitments to make positive adjustments while in prison, the document becomes valuable.
100. Describe the role accountability logs played in their success:
Accountability logs keep an individual focused on accomplishing their goals. Documenting their daily progress allows them to implement their values and stay true to their commitments. When an individual accomplishes their goals, they can apply those same goals towards business, career and athletic success.
101. How do universities evaluate which students to admit?
Universities evaluate which students to admit based upon their high school grades, test scores and extracurricular activities. University admission offices use those types of accountability logs to assess a student’s strengths and weakness.
102. What information do creditors consider when deliberating on whether to extend loans?
Most financial institutions rely on an individual’s credit report, debt to income ratio and payment history in regards to extending a loan. If there are any discrepancies among these categories, your chances of having credit extended will be reduced.
103. What governs investment decisions that people make?
In regards to making an investment decision, people decide whether to invest or not based upon the potential to earn a profit. An individual evaluates the performance of the investment, which is usually documented history and forecasted profit projections.
104. How do your responses to the above questions support or refute the value of accountability logs?
My response to the question above supports the value of the accountability log. In fact, it gives a clear example of how documentation plays a key role in an individual’s success. When a prisoner tracks his progress as he returns to society, it allows him to evaluate himself and focus on areas of his life that require improvement.