Julius Lige/ Class 4: Life Management Skills
by Julius Lige
105. How would you define your life management skills?
I define my life management skills as being creative, responsible, possessing leadership and always planning ahead. An individual must have a clear plan, and along with that plan, the necessary skills to execute it. With the right attitude, aspiration, actions and accountability, I would apply my management skills towards achieving my goals.
106. What types of decisions influence how you will emerge from prison?
Every decision I make is directly to related to my emerging from prison as a better husband, father and man. From the time I wake up at 5am, my decisions are influenced by aspirations I have of improving my life. From the food I eat, to fitness training, and numerous educational work I participate in, I am always in pursuit of emerging from prison successfully.
107. In what ways does your daily schedule determine your potential for success upon release?
I begin my day with fitness training, knowing that conditioning my body will allow me to work at a high pace in any industry I choose to pursue. Also, my daily work on research and various projects is a skill I can apply to any job or business environment. My schedule requires for me to be disciplined, focused and accountable, qualities I can apply to any business opportunity.
108. How do personal relationships influence our prospects for success?
Developing personal relationships play a very important role when it comes to creating opportunities for success. Applying networking skills and communicating effectively, allows you to strengthen personal relationships which create value in every respect.
109. How can we cultivate and nurture personal relationships that may prove helpful through our prison journey and beyond?
Through professed value, such as honesty, accountability, loyalty, and respect, personal relationships are cultivated and nurtured. Friendships grow, and relationships are valued, which prove helpful through your prison journey and beyond.
110. In what ways did Michael’s decisions at the beginning of his term lead to the opportunities that opened for him through the decades he served?
Michael decided at the beginning of his term to live a value-based life. He solidified himself among his peers and mentors as someone who displays persistence, doing whatever it took to accomplish his goals. His hard work led to the opportunities that opened for him through the decades he served.
111. In what ways have the decisions you made from the day of your arrest influenced your life today?
I decided from the day I was arrested that I would focus my time on improving my life. Through spiritual faith, education and physical fitness, my life has been redirected in a positive way. I live a value based life, knowing that opportunities await me upon my release.
112. How would you compare and contrast the initial adjustment decisions of two prisoners who offered their profiles?
When it comes to comparing prisoners profiles there is one that stands out clearly. My good buddy Thomas Ross. T-Ross is a disciplined individual. He keeps a very organized schedule. He spends his time in prison wisely, earning academic credential through Chaplin College while also dedicating himself to fitness, establishing himself as one of the more knowledgeable fitness trainers on the compound. Contrast to the way T-Ross spends his time in prison, there are many prisoners who have no clue about preparing themselves for successful release. They spend their time hanging with the crowd, watching TV for most of the day, and not pursuing any educational programs that will help them succeed upon release.
113. In what ways does your prison adjustment compare or contrast with the individuals profiled?
I compare my prison adjustment to the individuals who have similar objectives as me. Preparing themselves daily for a successful life upon release. I relate to a prisoner who works hard, knowing that if he advances his skill set, it increases his chances of success upon release.
114. In what ways does your prison adjustment compare or contrast with the type of career trajectory That Greg Reyes or some of the other successful businessmen described?
My prison adjustment is similar to the type of career trajectory described by the successful businessman. The men describe the same commitment, vision, and determination that I have shown as I have worked towards accomplishing high goals. I will try hard to emulate their success.
115. What steps can you take in the time that spans between now and your release date to prepare for a law-abiding, fulfilling life?
The necessary steps I will take between now and my release date to prepare for a law-abiding and fulfilling life begins with me remaining focused on the challenges that await me. I will continue to work hard on solutions to overcoming those challenges and building a skill set that will provide financial stability and also committing to always making value-based decisions.
116. In what ways are your interactions with others in prison and beyond purposeful?
With the versatility to interact with individuals in prison who are focused on success and also interact with those who are less focused, gives me a visual perspective on how important it is to spend my time in prison wisely. I utilize my relationships with those who are focused to learn valuable skills that they possess.
117. How do your interactions with others relate to the individual you aspire to become?
I aspire to become a successful businessman. Therefore, my interactions with individuals who are successful in business are influential. I have a purpose to learn as much as I can from those individuals which will improve my chances of having success in business.
118. What types of activities, interests, and discussions motivate or inspire your closest acquaintances?
As I finish the remainder of my time in prison, I strategically surround myself with positive people. My closest acquaintances are men who are intelligent, family orientated with strong spiritual faith. We discuss business plans, family issues, and world events. We are also guys who understand that physical fitness is very important, therefore we study fitness and apply our knowledge to our workouts daily.
119. In what ways will the relationships you cultivate help or hinder your aspirations?
My relationships will help my aspirations in many ways. The men I associate with in prison all possess unique skills. Therefore, we network by sharing information and bouncing business ideas off one another. With such solid relationships in place, it allows me to receive different opinions on realistic views regarding my business goals.
120. If Red had a stable job with opportunities for growth, what do you suppose would have tempted him to revert to crime?
Regardless of the stable job with opportunities for growth, Red must live a positive value-based life. Values that will help him make good decisions and not allow him to jeopardize his freedom. Apparently, Reds transition back into society lacked focus.
121. In what ways could a prisoner manage his life to persuade prospective employers that he lives by different values from men like Red?
A prisoner must remain focus, reassuring his employer that he’s discipline, reliable, and skilled. Living a value base life will not go un-notice. Through those actions, most employers will perceive you as an asset to the company. Unlike Red, you can not allow temptations influence your decision making.
122. How does an individual’s diction influence perceptions?
When a individual is working toward creating opportunities for himself, he must understand the importance of possessing communication skills. People judge you according to how well speak. As I prepare for success upon release, I will continue to focus on expanding my vocabulary.
123. How does an individual’s personal grooming and presentation influence opportunities?
Personal grooming and presentation are important when seeking an opportunity. The impact it has on companies looking to do business or companies looking to hire a new employee is very influential. Individuals with good personal presentation increase their chances to capitalize on their opportunities.
124. With regard to the attitude attribute of the Straight-A Guide, what does it mean to make a 100 percent commitment?
In regards to the SAG program, making a 100% commitment means to give a complete effort towards success. Living a value based life will compliment those efforts, which solidifies your commitment. Individuals who understand the dynamics of the program will benefit by following the blueprint and applying it to their daily life.
125. How would you assess your acquaintances with regard to the attitude attribute of the Straight-A Guide?
When assessing my acquaintances attitude, they possess similar attributes of the SAG program. Through their commitment to succeed upon release, we share a common bond. Individuals who are less committed, I tend to have less interaction with.