Victor Ellerbee/ Class 10: Leadership
251. What does leadership mean to you?
It means taking charge of my life and guiding myself to a successful career.
252. In what ways have your past decisions prepared you for leadership?
Everything I’ve done in my has prepared me for what is to come.
253. Where does leadership begin?
254. In what ways can an individual measure his capacity to lead?
In a multitude of ways.
255. In what ways can an individual measure his effectiveness at leadership?
Through trial and errors, analyzing his personal accomplishments and bench marking on future ones.
256. What does it mean to have a vision?
It means you can see where you want to go through dreams, planning and aspirations.
257. How does a leader gauge the effectiveness of a plan?
By considering every angle before execution.
258. Why would leadership require accountability tools?
Because part of being an effective leader you must be held accountable for your actions.
259. How would a leader make the most effective use of accountability tools?
Realizing the seriousness of accountability, the tools allow you to use practical methods at being accounted for.
260. How would you describe leadership by example?
261. What does leading with integrity mean to you?
Being able to have 100% integrity in everything you do.
262. In what ways does personal leadership require an individual to put the concerns of others ahead of his own?
Because it builds character and integrity and it shows that through true leadership, you are only as good as the people you are leading.
263. How can our behavior in prison influence the lives of those we ask to support or sponsor us?
I can’t speak for no one else, but as for me, I am hoping that each person I meet I will be able to leave a positive influence in their lives.
264. When living within the restrictions of prison boundaries, where can we turn for leadership training?
It always starts with yourself.
265. Describe an individual who has leadership skills that you admire?
266. To what extent would emulating such leadership traits influence your prospects for success?
By applying those same values she has to my life.
267. In what ways do our day-to-day actions show our commitment to personal leadership development?
It is consistency of a positive flow that can guide you in the direction you need to be in to achieve the desired results you may want to achieve.
268. How can a commitment to personal leadership development while in prison influence your relationship with people you haven’t yet met?
I hope positively because I want to say that my focus everyday is to better myself no compromise and failure is not an option.
269. In what way can the Straight-A Guide influence your prison adjustment?
I am hoping this guide can help me with my life and my transition into society.
270. In what ways can the Straight-A Guide influence your prospects for a law-abiding, contributing life upon release?
I feel the people that is making this program a success can stay in my life to get to know me better and I hope with the network they have other people can take an interest in me to want to connect with me on any level.
271. In what ways will you use the Straight-A Guide going forward?
I will apply some of the positive principles Michael has used in his life in mine.