Marko Avramovic/ Class 2: Goals
64. What values might lead a person to success upon release from prison?:
Hard work and dedication.
65. How does a person ever become his values?:
When he completely practices and believes in his own values.
66. How does a person strengthen his integrity?:
67. What immediate challenges will a prisoner confront the day his prison term expires?:
Family issues, old life challenges, finding a job, reunion with people, etc.
69. Household furnishings:
73. How much in the way of financial resources should a prisoner expect to need in the way of financial resources to transition to society?:
I am not sure because I have never been in this situation before and the answer would be a quest.
74. How will prospective landlords, employers, creditors, and others in society respond to an individual who discloses his criminal record(s) and history of imprisonment?:
It all depends on a person. I think that the person’s books, mind and behavior play a major role in that area.
Describe the job market in the sectors for which you would like to find employment::
75. What range of income does the market offer?:
All the way from $15 per hour, up to $50 per hour.
76. What level of education or experience do candidates for such employment typically have?:
77. In what ways will a prison record influence possibilities for employment?:
Well a lot of places do not hire people with a record, so the best solution is self-employment.
78. Where is the general employment rate in your community?:
Above 10% for unemployed.
79. How would you expect the general employment rate to compare with the unemployment rate for people with your background, considering prison record, educational record, and experience?:
I would honestly expect the unemployment rate to be higher.
80. How much time do you anticipate needing between your release date and securing the job you expect to land?:
81. If halfway house placement requires forfeiture of 25 percent of gross earnings, of your monthly take-home pay, how much do you anticipate you will keep during the time you’re in the halfway house?:
82. What do statistics show that average households in America earn each year?:
Among 2 people, $50,000-80,000.
83. How so you anticipate your income will compare with that average one year after your release from prison?:
When my plans go through, I expect more than average.
84. What emotions do we introduce when we obsess on issues beyond our ability to influence?:
Helplessness, anger, rage, sadness.
85. How can we overcome the despair that accompanies imprisonment?:
By focusing on energy or something useful.
Michael wrote about the numerous ways that his behavior could lead to the extension of his prison term or the aggravation of his prison conditions. No one wants to serve longer prison terms or serve sentences under harsher conditions. :
86. What types of behavior lead to such outcomes?:
Living as a prisoner, not as a man.
87. How do harsher prison conditions influence an individual’s ability to prepare for success upon release?:
It has a bad influence because it minimizes the resources and space for improvement.
88. How does behavior that leads to harsher prison conditions influence the lives of those in our support network?:
By that we built our communication with people that support us and they lose faith in us.
89. Although the prison system offered ways to lengthen a prison term or aggravate the conditions under which a prisoner served his sentence, what objective mechanisms exist within the system for a prisoner to distinguish himself in a positive way?
Except a couple of good vocational training classes, I cannot think of anything else.
90. How then does the system encourage individuals to work toward reconciling with society, prepare for law-abiding lives upon release, or earn freedom?:
There is no way for us to earn freedom except to snitch on somebody and that is not a good way to do so.
91. Describe the goals you have set?:
To master Spanish, to get in the best shape possible because that is going to be the must in the business field I am going to be in.
92. Describe how your goals relate to your professed values?:
93. How clearly can you gauge your level of success toward each goal you set?:
I can see the progress as I go.
94. In what ways does one goal lead to the next?:
Making one goal happen is what drives us to start going toward another one.
95. If you achieve all of your goals, how will they influence your prison adjustment?:
In that case I would know I am not as good as I want to get but that I am better than I use to be and it would make this whole thing easier.
96. How will the goals you set influence your prospects for success upon release?:
Above answer is good enough for this question too.