Omari Patton/ Class 5: Self-Improvement Training
by Omari Patton
126. When you assess your environment, what opportunities for self-improvement can you create or seize?
when i look around your dealing with alot of ignorance and people that lack discipline in alot of areas. i try to limit my interactions and stay to self. its b/c i know the nature of the beast.
127. What is your interpretation on the value of self-imposed structure of free time?
i seen alot accomplish their goals. for example a guy that spends alot of time in the law library reading learning the law ends up sometimes over turning his conviction.
128. What relationship do your daily activities have to the vision you have for your life upon release?
i dedicate a portion of my time reading gaining knowledge of the things i want to pursue upon my release. Stay committed and keep learning and growing my network. Show I am committed to working hard.
129. Imagine that you were to replicate your activities or use of time yesterday every day or your sentence. If you did, what level of preparation would have to triumph over the obstacles that await you upon your return to society?
MY MAIN FOCUS EVERYDAY IS TO GET OUT OF PRISON. I WORK TOWARDS THAT EVERYDAY.
130. What activities within the prison environment can you pursue that will enhance your strengths?
USING THE LAW LIBRARY , TAKING CLASSES AND STAYING UP ON THE LAW UPDATES.
131. What activities within the prison environment would you categorize as a weakness?
I TRY NOT TO GET TO SIDE TRACKED WITH THE THINGS THAT DONT HELP ME IN GAINING MY FREEDOM. NOTHING CONTENTS ME EXCEPT WALKING OUT OF PRISON.
132. What activities within the prison environment would you perceive as offering opportunities?
WORKING IN THE PLUMBING SHOP PRISON FACTORY, AND MAINTENANCE SHOP.
133. What activities within the prison environment do you perceive as threatening your prospects for success upon release?
134. To what extent do the activities you pursue inside the prison environment contribute to your strengths and opportunities?
i do activities or read up on the things im trying to pursue once im free.
135. What steps do you deliberately take to minimize your exposure to weaknesses and threats?
weakness is all in the mind but i have a strong mind and i keep a positive clear mind.
136. Using the SWOT-assessment technique, how would you assess your decision-making process prior to imprisonment?
i had some bumps and bruises no human is perfect. for the most part fairly good.
137. In what ways can the SWAT-assessment technique guide your decisions as you prepare for success upon release?
once released there will be threats weaknesses and opportunities.
138. What types of activities in prison fall into quadrant one: low-risk/high-reward?
exercising and programing
139. What types of activities in prison fall into quadrant two: high-reward/high-risk?
running a business from prison
140. What types of activities in prison fall into quadrant three: low-risk/low-reward?
table games and institution sports
141. What types of activities in prison fall into quadrant four: high-risk/low-reward?
ENGAGING IN ACTIVITY THAT WILL LEAD TO CRIMINAL CHARGES OR INCIDENT REPORT.
142. To what extent do your consider risk-reward analysis when assessing activities, interactions, or time allocation in prison?
I ASSESS IT BY DETERMINING IF IT DEALS WITH ME HAVING MORE INTERACTIONS AND IF THE RESULTS HAVE IMPACT ON HELPING ME HAVE SUCCESS UPON RELEASE. I ONCE HAD A PRISON HUSTLE CLEANING SELLING SEWING SHOES IT WAS VERY LUCRATIVE BUT I STOPPED B/C IT MADE ME HAVE MORE INTERACTIONS THAT I DON’T WANT.
143 What type of self-improvement programs would enhance an individual’s prospects for success upon release?
144. What thoughts have you given to the type of employment you want to pursue upon release?
145. Define the qualifications necessary for the type of job you want to pursue?
146. How do your self-improvement programs prepare you for the type of job you want to pursue?
147. What types of self-improvement programs can you pursue independently that will enhance your prospects as a candidate for employment upon release?
148. In what ways do academic credentials influence an individual’s candidacy for employment?
149. How do prospective employers gauge the value of academic credentials?
150. What types of self-improvement steps trump academic credentials?