Timothy Lee/ Class 4: Life Management Skills
by Timothy Lee
105. How would you define your life management skills?
I have set out to do a college correspondence course in human services to become a counselor for young minorities.
106. What types of decisions influence how you will emerge from prison?
Being determined to do something better with my life while I am incarcerated, to get my education together.
107. In what ways does your daily schedule determine your potential for success upon release?
I try to find things to do within the prison that will prepare me to make a positive release.
108. How do personal relationships influence our prospects for success?
Because I would like to show them a different person other than who I was in the past.
109. How can we cultivate and nurture personal relationships that may prove helpful through our prison journey and beyond?
People still having faith and support in me that I can live a better life.
110. In what ways did Michael’s decisions at the beginning of his term lead to the opportunities that opened for him through the decades he served?
Staying persistent with his goals, not to stray away from his focus goals.
111. In what ways have the decisions you made from the day of your arrest influenced your life today?
To give up the things that caused me to come to prison from the drug lifestyle and gang involvement. My thinking, behavior and getting spiritually connected with God.
112. How would you compare and contrast the initial adjustment decisions of two prisoners who offered their profiles?
Two different people one could live a positive life and the other could get influenced to live a negative life as a prison code.
113. In what ways does your prison adjustment compare or contrast with the individuals profiled?
I am my own person, I set my goals and make my own direction rather than do what other guys may do.
114. In what ways does your prison adjustment compare or contrast with the type of career trajectory that Greg Reyes or some of the other successful businessmen described?
It holds me back from continuing an education to be successful for my future to have a better life.
115. What steps can you take in the time that spans between now and your release date to prepare for a law-abiding,
Complete any educational programs that I can to better myself, seek and additional information or courses.
116. In what ways are your interactions with others in prison and beyond purposeful?
I try to interact with guys that want something out of life and if they are not searching for the same thing I don’t deal with them because there in the way of my progressing.
117. How do your interactions with others relate to the individual you aspire to become?
Because they may motivate me in different areas to change outside of my own motivation.
118. What types of activities, interests, and discussions motivate or inspire your closest acquaintances?
Coming up with ideas and game plans to do something with our lives, education and mature conversation.
119. In what ways will the relationships you cultivate help or hinder your aspirations?
Find guys that want to rebuild their lives and prepare for their release other than guys that are negative around the prison.
120. If Red had a stable job with opportunities for growth, what do you suppose would have tempted him to revert to crime?
Red had greed, to get fast money even though he had a stable job.
121. In what ways could a prisoner manage his life to persuade prospective employers that he lives by different values from
men like Red?
Basically explain that I made a bad choice that cost me to go to prison and while incarcerated I made good use of my time with obtaining my education and job skills.
122. How does an individual’s diction influence perceptions?
People may look at you in a funny way when you are trying to get your life together.
123. How does an individual’s personal grooming and presentation influence opportunities?
It shows that you take care of yourself and present a different image other than negative.
124. With regard to the attitude attribute of the Straight-A Guide, what does it mean to make a 100 percent commitment?
To totally give your all to things in life to prosper.
125. How would you assess your acquaintances with regard to the attitude attribute of the Straight-A Guide?
I have told several guys about the program and how it could help them in life and that it’s good for me.