Victor Ellerbee/ Class 8: Relationship Training
200. What relationship do you have to others in the world?
Minimal only with my mother, brother and sister.
201. To what extent do the decisions we make have an influence on the lives of others?
On a large extent because everything I do has an effect on myself and on my family.
202. In what ways does a relationship with God influence the choices we make or behaviors we pursue?
203. In what ways does our relationship to anyone else influence the choices we make or behaviors we pursue?
Because I know that the bond I have with my mom is solid and that gives me the extra strength during trying times.
204. If everyone in society made decisions from the same code of personal values that we embrace, how would the world advance or decline for future generations, including our children?
It would be a utopia.
205. To what extent do your choices and behaviors match the choices and behaviors you would want your children or people you love to see and emulate?
If I had children, I would want them to learn from my past and compare that with my present state of mind so they can see difference in behaviors.
206. What does it mean to you to live with integrity?
It means in order for you to be successful, you must be willing to step yourself all the way up to another level of being including but not limited to integrity.
207. What does it mean to you to serve a prison sentence or to confront adversity with dignity?
It means there is no compromising yourself, stand your ground, chin up and face whatever comes your way.
208. In what ways do your relationships with other prisoners influence your possibility for success upon release?
By learning what not to do, by watching them.
209. How do your relationships with other prisoners influence the way that prison staff members assess you?
Most staff members that I interact with looks upon me as a human being and respects accordingly.
210. In what ways will your relationships with other prisoners influence the probation officer who supervises your release?
Negatively, because there isn’t supposed to be any interaction with ex-felons.
211. What efforts are you making today to influence the relationships you will have in the months and years to come?
By fine tuning myself.
212. In what ways can you influence relationships with people beyond prison boundaries while you’re incarcerated?
I believe once a person gets to know me, they will surely like me enough to stay in touch.
213. How would maintaining relationships with people who embrace criminal values influence your potential for success upon release?
It would be a negative influence.
214. In what ways do grooming and personal appearance influence your relationship with others?
Outward appearance would be communicating a message to people.
215. How do writing skills influence the potential for opening new relationships that may lead to success upon release?
It shows that you can communicate effectively.
216. In what ways are you working now to nurture relationships that may help you succeed upon release?
I don’t have anyone else but my mother.
217. What influence will your relationships with others have on your possibility for success upon release?
It would give me that extra strength to succeed.
218. How would prospective mentors respond if they were to hear you attribute your predicament to the choices or actions of another?
They probably wouldn’t like that because it would appear that you haven’t come clean with yourself yet. If that is the case then how can they feel secured knowing that you run a great risk of rescidism.
219. In what ways does the blaming of outside forces strengthen or weaken your potential for success upon release?
It weakens it, we must look past the blame game and start thinking about forward progress.
220. How do your relationships with others influence the people closest to you?
221. To what extent does living with transparency, or as an open book, influence relationships?
It allows your inner circle to see you for who you are eliminating the guess work.
222. How would behaving one way with one group of people and another way with others strengthen or weaken your potential for success upon release?
Because everyone is different. The way I communicate with inmates is different then how I communicate with anyone else outside of this prison environment.