Walter Samuel/ Class 8: Relationship Training
200. What relationship do you have to others in the world?
I’m commanded to love everyone and I try my best to do just that. I try to be friendly to all and walk in peace.
201. To what extent do the decisions we make have an influence on the lives of others?
We affect people even though we may not acknowledge it. It will be good or bad. I try to set good examples so that I can affect people in a positive way.
202. In what ways does a relationship with God influence the choices we make or behaviors we pursue?
Those that are the sons of God are lead by the spirit and walk in the wisdom of God. So with that we pursue Godly choices in life and our behavior and conduct is Godly.
203. In what ways does our relationship to anyone else influence the choices we make or behaviors we pursue?
As a Godly man we treat people in a Godly manner. Setting examples as how we should live and treat people. People should be able to see the love of God in us.
204. If everyone in society made decisions from the same code of personal values that we embrace, how would the world advance or decline for future generations, including our children?
I embrace the word of God as my foundation in living my life. If everyone embraced the word of God and applied it to their life. That would change the world because the love of God would be demonstrated in this world. One day this will come to pass.
205. To what extent do your choices and behaviors match the choices and behaviors you would want your children or people you love to see and emulate?
In this season of my life I would love for my kids and grand kids to follow me as I follow christ. The lord has bought me a long ways.
206. What does it mean to you to live with integrity?
To do what is right and what is pleasing to God even when no one is looking.
207. What does it mean to you to serve a prison sentence or to confront adversity with dignity?
It shows that your trial or wilderness experience in prison has allowed the lord to change your attitude and character during that time. A time well spent in the presence of the lord..
208. In what ways do your relationships with other prisoners influence your possibility for success upon release?
I’ve learned to live around people that are difficult to live with. I deal with people with all kinds of attitudes. I believe the lord is preparing me for a life of success by what I’m experiencing.
209. How do your relationships with other prisoners influence the way that prison staff members assess you?
I’m a modeled prisoner favored by mostly all staff members. I’ve been here longer than many of them. My pattern of lifestyle has not changed of the many years. I try to set Godly examples.
210. In what ways will your relationships with other prisoners influence the probation officer who supervises your release?
I’m not sure about that.
211. What efforts are you making today to influence the relationships you will have in the months and years to come?
Studying the word, prayer, and a godly lifestyle well lived.
212. In what ways can you influence relationships with people beyond prison boundaries while you’re incarcerated?
By showing them what the lord is doing in my life here in prison.
213. How would maintaining relationships with people who embrace criminal values influence your potential for success upon release?
Bad company corrupts good character. Come out from among them and be ye separated says the lord. Y ou can not go backward and forward at the same time.
214. In what ways do grooming and personal appearance influence your relationship with others?
Our appearance will always have a impact on how people see us. A well groomed person shows discipline on their part. It is much easier for one to be received, when he is well groomed.
215. How do writing skills influence the potential for opening new relationships that may lead to success upon release?
to me writing skills is a very useful skill that will help in communicating with people. I do struggle in that area.
216. In what ways are you working now to nurture relationships that may help you succeed upon release?
By holding on to people that understand that all success comes from the lord. Any person that believes, trust, and lives the word of God can truly be successful.
217. What influence will your relationships with others have on your possibility for success upon release?
It all depends on who you are trying to build that relationship with.
218. How would prospective mentors respond if they were to hear you attribute your predicament to the choices or actions of another?
It weakens us when we can not except our on faults. To blame others means we are never wrong. Now we walk in pride. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.
219. In what ways does the blaming of outside forces strengthen or weaken your potential for success upon release?
It weakens success, because one has to except his own mistakes as his mistakes. To be successful is to know where you have failed.
220. How do your relationships with others influence the people closest to you?
People that are closest to you know you. By that they can see how you deal with outside relationships. By practicing what you preach, they truly honor you.
221. To what extent does living with transparency, or as an open book, influence relationships?
It lets them know that you are the real deal. That you are not a hypocrite.
222. How would behaving one way with one group of people and another way with others strengthen or weaken your potential for success upon release?
Weaken..It shows everyone that you are out to please people and not the lord. In other words you are practicing open hypocrisy.